Emilie Lundstrøm is a Danish Visual Artist born in 1985 in Copenhagen. She has a Masters degree from ICP-Bard’s
Program in Advanced Photographic Studies, and studied her undergraduate degree in Fine Art Photography at
The Glasgow School of Art. Emilie is interested in the the transformations and cycles of the natural world,
and their confrontations with “civilization”. She has experience in working as a Teaching Assistant in Photography
at International Center of Photography IN NEW YORK AND as a Museum Educator at the Museum of The Moving
Image, and she has worked on a television set as aStill Photographer.
2014: International Center of Photography -Bard University, MFA, Advanced Photographic Studies, NY
2011: Glasgow School of Art, BA (Honors), Fine Art Photography, UK
2010: Pratt Institute, Exchange Student, Photography, NY
2007: Fatamorgana, The Danish School of Art Photography, DK
2006: Holbæk Kunsthøjskole, DK
2006: Gl. Hellerup Gymnasium, DK
2018: LILHA Artist in Residency, http://lilha.org , San Francisco, Nayarit, Mexico
December- 2018: La Bodega Teatro San Pancho, San Francisco, Nayarit, Mexico
Past Selected Exhibitions:
2018: LILHA Art Residency, Solo Exhibition ‘Message in a bottle’, San Pancho, Mexico
2017: Solo Exhibition at The Blue Planet- Auditorium, The National Aquarium of Denmark, DK
2017: "Quiet Legs" Group Exhibition, Kolddingade 12, Østerbro, Copenhagen , DK
2017: "Radar" Group Exhibition, Filmstation, DK
2017: The Spring Exhibition at Charlottenborg, Copenhagen, juried exhibition, DK
2016: Copenhagen Photo Festival , juried exhibition, DK
2015: The National Museum of Denmark in Copenhagen, DK
2015: “Summer Salon”, Greenpoint Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
2015: “All Blues” Baryshnikov Art Center, NY
2015: Shape Shifting, Galleri Christoffer Egelund, DK
2014: Summer Show, Galerie Egelund, Copenhagen, DK
2014: Found in Translation, ICP, NY
2013: Rising Water: Photographs of Hurricane Sandy, Governor’s Island, NY
2013: From Surface to Air – a family affair, Galleri Brantebjerg, DK
2013: Group Exhibition, Galleri Christoffer Egelund, Copenhagen
2013: Group Shoe – on the other foot, ICP, MFA, NY
2012: Copenhagen Photo Festival, juried exhibition
2012: Selected artist, RSA: NC New Contemporaries Exhibition, Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh/Award
2011: Copenhagen Photo Festival, juried exhibition
2011: The Spring Exhibition at Charlottenborg, Copenhagen/juried exhibition 2011:
2011:Exhibition "Hum" Assembly Gallery,
2010: "Ke10" The Autumn Exhibition, NY Tap, Carlsberg, Copenhagen, juried exhibition.
2013: Bikuben Scholar, AGH, NY
2012: Oticon Fonden
2012: 2013: ICP, Directors Fellowship, NY
2012: Statens Kunstraad – Danish Art Council
– RSA New Contemporaries Award: RSA New Contemporaries, Edinburgh
2017: Digital/Technical Assistant, DR, Danish TV Series; The Team II, Nordic Film, DK
- Still Photographer on set, managed and created props for filmset, placing props on set; runner on set, creating art objects for scenes, digital assistant on set; Location scouting with photographs, created mood boards and contact sheets for Art Director. Managed inventory for photo equipment and props.
2016: School Portrait Photographer, Modul Foto, DK
- Driving to schools, handling photographic equipment, setting up photographic studio, photographing and selecting school photos, directing and creating portraits of students and teachers, managed group photographs.
2016: Museum Educator, The Museum OF The Moving Image, NY
- Tutoring and educated tours of groups from all different ages/ schools / elder homes/ universities in english through the Museums collections, storytelling a history lessons of objects and personal tour. Created workshops in Film, Photography and Stop motion and flip books at the Museum.
2016: Visual Artist Educator, Abrons Art Center, NY
- Digital photography educator and instructor in various public and charter schools in NYC, including Lion goldstein school of science in brighton beach and Success Academy in Harlem. Designed and executed lesson plans in photography and sculpture.
2015: MoMA Books, The Museum Of Modern Art, Sales Associate, NY
- Handling inventory and archives, helping maintainance of bookstore, assisting customers , giving knowledge of books in photograpghy and History of Art, packing and handling objects and art, bookseller.
2014: Flash Art Magazine, Advertising Representative, NY
- Working in Flash Art Magazine’s New York office to sell advertising space within the Magazine. Working at Frieze Art Fair Flash Art booth at Randall’s Island Park, NY. Meeting with galleries and clients in Chelsea, Photographing for Flash Art events. Manage Instagram and online web gallery.
2014: Supernova Photo Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Portfolio reviewer & moderator. Advising in portfolio knowledge and building bodies of work from students’ own photographs, guiding students in knowledge of Contemporary Photographic History.
2013-14: Ps1 MoMA Artbook, Intern, Queens, NY
- Advising visitors in art book selection, giving knowledge of artist and events in NY to Customers, photographing and editing images from events, meeting with lecturing artists before and after lectures, manage book selection from europe, Ordering books from Europe/ scandinavia, helping costumers with Knowledge of New York City, Manage Archives and handling art objects, Cashier and Bookseller. Manage Magazine Selection and Artbooks selection.
WORKSHOP’S AND LECTURE’S AND PART TIME POSISITIONS:
2018: Cyanotype workshop at The University of Guadalajara, Mexico
2018: Cyanotype workshop at La Casa Clu, Mexico
2018: Lecture on ongoing Art Photography work, Center Entreamigos, Mexico.
2018: ROME PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS, Rome, Italy -Photography Morning Light Tours of Rome. http://romephotographyworkshop.com/photographers/
2018: Workshops, Cyanotype photography, Filmstationen, DK
- Independently organized Artistic Workshops in Cyanotype (Blue Print Photographic). Manage chemicals and guidance in technical photographic negatives, teaching in photoshop, printing on negatives, darkroom teaching, creating of lightbox and teaching building of light equipments, teaching Paper and material knowledge, guiding students for own bodies of work. Guided critiques of artists work, portfolio building and strenghning of artworks.
2018: Artist Assistant at c.r.e.t.a, International center of ceramics and visual arts in Rome, Italy
2017: Workshop, Valkyries Adult/Child sculpting in Clay, Lejre Museum, DK
- Hands on guided sculpting classes for local families, children and guests of the Museum, photographs used as inspiration to create inspiration and creation of own clay sculptures.
2017: Adult/Child Sculpting, Durlev Ceramics, Keramikskolen, Copenhagen DK
- Teaching Adult and Child in Wheel Throwing, Clay Knowledge and History, Introduction to Sculpting and clay, different colouring techniques, form shaping techniques. 2016: Lecturing, Billedkunstskolen v/Bjørn Ignatius, DK - Lecturing of own Photographic Art projects as inspiration for students.
2016: Part time Gallery Attendant, Greene Naftali, NY
- Gallery Attendant, Supervision of Gallery artworks, Helping visitors create personal guided in knowledge of artworks. Handling and caring of Artworks, Presenting works for clients.
2015: Freelance Photographer, SMK Statens Museum for Kunst, NY
- Event photographer for Art Openings and Exhibition, cultural Events, Photoshop Editing and collection, bulding portfolio and collage building for Museum
2015: Technician & Instructor at Choplet Ceramic Studio, NY
- Instructing Adults in studio techniques, Glace making & Finish,, Instruct new teachers in Kiln firing and handling, cleaning and maintainance of ceramic studio. Teaching clay techniques and wheel throwing, hand building.
2015: Lf8 Studio Manager & Event Coordinator, NY
- Manager of boutique store and organized small book events.
- BFA and MFA Education in Fine Art Photography
- Experienced art/photography educator in various settings, including schools, museums,
independent workshops, and portfolio building sessions
- Digital Camera knowledge, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Lightroom, Bridge, InDesign - Participant in numerous art exhibitions (solo and group)